Home IT Solutions
Whether you use your computer to stay connected with friends and family, manage your personal finances or work from home, Tom’s Help Desk understands how things in your life can quickly go wrong when your IT needs are not being met in just the right way.
Tom’s Help Desk is here to help! A free evaluation is just a phone call away at 215-536-0831.
Count on us to provide you with fast, reliable assistance for the following service categories and more:
Virus & Spyware Removal
We are experts at virus and spyware removal (without having to wipe your computer). Once your computer is clean, we will recommend and install the appropriate protection to keep you and your family safe when you are online.
Personal Computer Cleanup & Optimization
Ask us about periodic tune-ups. Our expert technicians will cleanup your computer to keep it running in peak condition.
New Computer Sales, Builds, Installation and Consulting
As an authorized Dell® reseller, we can leverage discounts and special configurations from the world’s leading computer manufacturer. Whether you want a basic configuration or to run the latest video games, we will help you get the most value from your purchase of a desktop or laptop computer. Services include:
• New computer set up
• New computer builds
• Data transfer from your old computer
• Connection to your internet provider or wireless router
• Printer and other peripheral set up and configuration
• Expert advice on selecting and purchasing a new computer, regardless of brand
Performing the necessary upgrades can prolong the life of your current computer. Services include:
• Memory and solid state hard drive upgrades
• Windows upgrade installs
• Mac OS upgrade installs
• Upgrade multimedia capabilities
• Increase hard drive capacity
• Add a wireless card
A home network allows you to have multiple computers online simultaneously and also enables you and your family to be connected either wired or wirelessly. Having a cohesive home network can help solve a lot of problems with home automation products. Services include:
• Set up new network equipment & configure internet connection (Comcast, Verizon, etc)
• Setup Wireless and Mesh Networking
• Share printers and files between computers
• Troubleshoot slowdowns or lag
Smartphones & Tablets
• Set up internet connection
• Set up email
• Set up syncing between devices
• Set up printing
We will back up your data to a DVD, external hard drive, flash drive or online service. We can show you how to do this yourself or we can set up software to do this automatically, so you won’t lose your important data.
In the event that you have “lost” or mistakenly deleted data, we provide data recovery services, wherever possible.
For a small fee, we will sanitize the machine by erasing all data (and provide a back-up copy, upon request) and take the computer and peripherals to a local electronics recycling center.